Wise Software (UK) Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales (hereinafter referred to as “We”, “Our” or “Us”).
Our registered address is:
Wise Software (UK) Ltd
Saxilby Enterprise Park
Maintaining the security of the data you provide to us is of upmost importance, and we are committed to respecting your privacy rights.
This notice applies to our use of your data, whether through using the website, www.orderwise.co.uk, webshop.orderwise.co.uk, using OrderWise for AndroidTM, or data we hold about you on our internal systems.
This notice will provide information about:
- The personal data we collect
- How we use your data
- Who we share your data with
- How we ensure your privacy is maintained
- Your rights relating to your personal data
- Our Lawful basis for processing your data
- OrderWise for AndroidTM
In addition, this notice will provide information about:
- How we use the data belonging to your business
Under the General Data Protection Regulations (EU Regulation 2016/679), also known as GDPR, Wise Software (UK) Ltd will act as a Data Controller and, where applicable, a Data Processor.
- We are the Data Controller for information we hold about you
- We are the Data Processor for information held by you for your own business purposes, that you share with us to complete a business task
Information We Collect
The exact details of the personal information collected will vary according to the specific purposes for which we are collecting the information. We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information provided by you when completing our website forms. This includes information provided at the time of requesting further services
- Information provided by you when submitting a support ticket
- If you contact us by phone, email or otherwise and information is provided voluntarily, we may keep a record of that correspondence
- We record and monitor telephone conversations that we have with you. The purpose of any recording is for training and monitoring purposes. Any confidential information disclosed will not be used by any third party (unless required by law to do so) or used for marketing purposes. Call recordings will be kept on a secure server
- Details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, web logs and other communication data
- We also collect behavioural and browsing data from you for the purposes of offering you a tailored or personalised online experience
- We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. We collect some of this information using Cookies, see below. We may also collect any personal information which you allow to be shared that is part of your public profile on a third party social network
- Our company uses third parties to provide information about visitors to our websites. When you visit our websites, we will record your IP address. This address will be matched against public and proprietary IP address databases to provide us with information about your visit. This information may identify the organisation to whom the IP address is registered but not individuals. In some limited cases i.e. single person companies, it may be possible to identify personal data from publicly available ICANN data
- We may ask you to complete surveys to assist us with quality control, and for research purposes. You do not have to respond to these surveys
Using The Information
The personal data provided to us by you is processed as is necessary.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between the two parties
- To provide you with information or products or services that you request from us
- To promote use of our products and services to you. You can stop receiving our promotional emails by following the opt-out link included in every email we send. In addition, we may use information we collect in order to advertise our products and/or services to you or suggest additional features of our services that you might consider using
- To provide you with appropriate and useful communications. This includes but is not limited to;
- our latest assets (whitepapers, newsletters, videos and case studies)
- updates on our software and services and event invitations
- If you are an OrderWise user, you will also receive monthly product updates. At any time, you can update your preferences (or completely unsubscribe/opt-out of our marketing) by clicking the opt-out link in any emails you receive from us. The link will always be in the footer of the email. You can also stop receiving emails from us using that same link
- To notify you of any changes in our service
- To administer your account with us
The storing and processing of your data is necessary as part of our commitment to providing you with information and services regarding OrderWise, including, but not limited to technical support, account management and marketing communications. This falls under the lawful basis of Legitimate Interest.
At any time, you are able to request not to receive our marketing communications. This can be requested by either using the ‘unsubscribe’ feature in each email, or by contacting us via one of the options in the ‘Contact us’ section.
In order to make certain products or services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with other 3rd parties.
- We may disclose your information to our trusted service providers who provide services such as email marketing or courier services
- If Wise Software (UK) Ltd substantially sell all its assets or are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data to comply with any legal obligation, we will make the requested personal data available to the relevant authorities
We are committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure, and employ many security measures such as:
- Enhanced website browsing security
- Automated file deletion
- File auditing software to identify unauthorised access to data
- Use of industry-leading anti-virus and anti-malware systems
- ICSA certified firewall
- Secure USB policy for all employees, using encrypted drives
- Restricted employee access via software
- Restricted physical access to buildings
- Hard drives and confidential waste properly disposed of
At any stage while we are in possession of, or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- The right to be informed – how we collect and use your personal data
- The right of access – you can request a copy of the information that we hold about you
- The right to rectification – you can correct data that we hold about you if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- The right to erasure – in certain circumstances, you can ask for the data that we hold about you to be erased from our records
- The right to restrict processing – where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability – you are able to have the data that we hold about you transferred to another organisation
- The right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling – if at any stage we use any automated decision-making tools, you reserve the right to object to this
You can exercise the above rights by contacting us by one of the methods below.
OrderWise For Android™
OrderWise For AndroidTM requires several permissions and access to certain data to be enable to function as intended:
- Approximate location (network-based)
- Precise location (GPS and network-based)
- The location permissions are required for the ‘nearby customers’ feature of the app. No location information is stored outside of the app
- Read phone status and identity – Used to determine the network connectivity status, in conjunction with other settings, to determine whether to use mobile data. OrderWise for AndroidTM will not store this information
- Read the contents of your USB storage
- Modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
- The above permissions are required to store the Android database on the device, which contains the information that is synced and generated via the app
- Take pictures and videos – Required for barcode scanning via the devices camera. OrderWise for AndroidTM will not store this information, other than if the barcode is already within an entity
- View network connections – Used to determine the network connectivity status, in conjunction with other settings, to determine whether to use mobile data. OrderWise for AndroidTM will not store this information
- Full network access – Required to utilise any network based services, such as connecting to the user’s app services, and Google Maps
Updates to OrderWise for AndroidTM may automatically add additional capabilities within each group.
We use a combination of both session and persistent cookies. Session cookies keep track of your current visit and how you navigate the site, persistent cookies enable our website to recognise you as a repeat visitor when you return. The session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will be removed on a pre-determined expiry date, or when deleted by you.
Most web browsers allow user privacy settings to block either all cookies, or third party cookies. Blocking cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one. Please visit www.aboutcookies.org.uk for comprehensive information on how to change your cookie settings in a wide variety of different web browsers.
Google Analytics Cookies
Google Analytics is a website monitoring tool that allows users to see volumes of website visitors, their source, and to analyse how the content of their website is viewed and navigated. This in turn allows optimisation of the content and pages on www.orderwise.co.uk and the marketing programs that drive traffic to the website. Google Analytics does not store any personal information about website visitors, but does use persistent cookies to identify repeat visitors. You may universally opt-out of all Google Analytics tracking used by all websites by visiting the following url: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Email Marketing Post-Click Tracking Cookies
These cookies are used to report on the pages of www.orderwise.co.uk that have been viewed by visitors to the site who have followed links from our email marketing campaigns. This analysis helps us to understand additional content that is viewed by the contacts in our database and therefore allows us to improve and tailor future campaigns to those contact’s specific areas of interest.
List of Cookies Used by Our Website
wow.anonymousId – GatorLeads Cookie does not store user data, only stores active menu node over post-back.
wow.data – GatorLeads Cookie which is only used by GatorMail integration so GatorLeads (previously known as WOW Analytics) knows email contacts visiting website.
wow.schedule – GatorLeads Cookie, Standard session cookie served by the web server.
wow.session – GatorLeads Cookie, Standard session cookie served by the web server.
wow.trackingData – GatorLeads Cookie, cookie which is only used by GatorMail integration so GatorLeads (previously known as WOW Analytics) knows email contacts visiting website.
wow.utmvalues – Gator Leads Cookie, Cookie which is used by GatorMail integration so GatorLeads (previously known as WOW Analytics) knows email contacts visiting website.
_icl_current_language Saves the user’s language preference.
cookie_notice_accepted This cookie stops the cookie acceptance banner appearing on all pages if it has been accepted with a lifespan of one month.
wp-settings- This cookie helps remember your personal preferences within WordPress.
wordpress_ This cookie stores WordPress authentication details.
__utmz This is a Google analytics cookie and is used for gathering anonymous statistics on the usage of this website.
__utmc This is a Google analytics cookie and is used for gathering anonymous statistics on the usage of this website.
__utmb This is a Google analytics cookie and is used for gathering anonymous statistics on the usage of this website.
__utma This is a Google analytics cookie and is used for gathering anonymous statistics on the usage of this website.
__gat Google Analytics cookie, used to distinguish users and throttle request rate.
__gid Registers a unique ID that is used to generate anonymous statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.
_deco_utm_referrer Stores the referring page url.
__utmv This is a Google analytics cookie and is used for gathering anonymous statistics on the usage of this website.
test_cookie Used to check if the user’s browser supports cookies.
IDE Used by Google DoubleClick to register and report the website user’s actions after viewing or clicking one of the advertiser’s ads with the purpose of measuring the efficacy of an ad and to present targeted ads to the user.
PHPSESSID To store a simple message when a form is submitted that can be displayed on a different page.
OrderWise As A Data Processor
During the course of our business relationship, there may be instances where we will have visibility of your business data. This could be:
- When you provide us with your business data for us to build your OrderWise database by one of the following means:
- Excel import files
- Sage backup
- When you provide us with a backup of your OrderWise database for one of the following purposes:
- Support requirement
- Custom development
- Sales demonstration
- Website integration or creation
- Maintenance of your hosted server
The data that we will be able to access can include, but is not limited to:
- Your customer list & contact information
- Your supplier list
- Your accounts data
- Delivery addresses
- Employee names
What We Do With Your Data
As a Data Controller, you have responsibility under GDPR to determine what we can do with the data for processing purposes.
The processing that we conduct will be for the purposes outlined above. We do not have any commercial interest in the data that you hold. Visibility of the data is a consequence of one of the above instances. You will be informed of the specific requirement for us to obtain this information when it is requested. For example, if we need to investigate a technical issue with your data, we will ask you to provide us with a backup of your data.
We will never:
- Sell, or pass on, any of your business data
- Use your business data for our own commercial interests, including marketing
- Contact any of the customers or suppliers in your data
- Perform any actions on your data that have not been agreed with you in advance
Any backups that we have of your data will be deleted from our systems once the original purpose for obtaining the data has been fulfilled. We have dedicated, secure servers where this information is stored, with file auditing software providing alerts when the data is accessed.
We have introduced a file expiration and deletion process, which will automatically delete backups on this server. Any backup that has not been manually deleted immediately will be automatically removed within 35 days. Once deleted, we will no longer have access to this backup. Should another backup be required, we will need to obtain a new back up from you and the above rules will apply.
Where your business data is stored on one of our hosted servers, the following will apply in addition to the above:
- OrderWise Cloud Servers are secured using Windows Authentication
- Firewalls are in use, and can be restricted to a single IP address if requested
- The administrator password is encrypted, and is changed every month
- We restrict access to dedicated teams, and record all internal access requests for auditing and security purposes
- The data centres hosting OrderWise servers are located in the EU, and hold ISO27001 accreditation
- We conduct automated backups for your security, which are securely deleted after 17 days
- We conduct regular maintenance on the hosted servers, ensuring server functions are maintained
For any questions regarding your personal data that are not answered here, or to exercise your rights, please contact us by any of the following means:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to us at: Wise Software (UK) Ltd, Newton Court, Saxilby Enterprise Park, Skellingthorpe Road, Saxilby, Lincoln, LN1 2LR