Software Tester/Data Analyst
Wise Software (UK) Ltd. is a modern, exciting, growing and forward thinking company who make a class leading business management software package called OrderWise. OrderWise is used by small, medium and large businesses and has over 9500 users from many different industry sectors throughout the UK. High profile clients include, John Lewis, local authorities, the MOD and police forces. Currently Wise Software turns over £6m and has over 140 staff working as Developers, Testers, Project Managers, Trainers, Business Consultants, Sales Coordinators and Technical Support Advisers, all of whom enjoy working from the purpose built Head Office in Saxilby near Lincoln. The OrderWise team is dynamic, creative, dedicated and diverse with a positive attitude and we are looking for the best people to join us in taking the company to its next phase of growth.
By working for Wise Software (UK) Ltd., all staff enjoy the following:
- Competitive annual salary
- Regular performance and salary reviews
- Attendance bonus scheme
- 3 weeks paid OrderWise tuition
- 22 days paid holiday per year
- 8 days paid UK bank holidays
- Easily accessible working location
- Weekly baskets of fruit for each department
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- Free parking
- Modern, warm and friendly working environment
- Access to fully equipped private Company Gym
This is a fantastic opportunity for a confident and capable person to join our expanding Testing Team as a Software Tester. The ideal candidate will be an experienced team player looking for a new challenge within a Testing and Quality Control environment. At the forefront of everything we do, our Testing Department aim to provide consistently bug free software to OrderWise users whilst maintaining defined SLAs. Our Testing Department are a busy, hardworking and dynamic team, who are continually looking to improve the way they work and improve the quality of the software we produce, whilst keeping abreast of continual developments and changes within our software.
After training on OrderWise you will join your team and learn about how they work, what targets they have and how they achieve them. Your Manager will help bring out the best in you so you can contribute to the team target as quickly as possible. As a Software Tester you will find each day rewarding and enjoyable, feel a valued member of the team and understand how you contribute to the Company as a whole. You will be confident and good at problem solving, have the ability to ‘think on your feet’ and have excellent communication skills. Ideally you will have customer service or business based experience. Additionally, you will show evidence of the ability to learn new skills quickly and accurately.
- To test OrderWise Software, using various testing methods
- To create appropriate help guides for the software being tested
- To maintain automated testing servers when required
- To liaise with customers, staff and Software Developers when required to ensure issues are
understood, effectively recorded and communicated to ensure a satisfactory resolution
- To ensure requests for support are dealt with promptly and appropriately
- Liaise with colleagues within Testing and other teams to ensure continuity of service for all users
- Participate in appropriate training activities and encourage and support other colleagues in their
development and training
Knowledge & Skills:
- Have a logical and thorough approach to problem solving
- Be quality focused and possess an eye for detail
- Well organised with good prioritisation skills
- Be motivated and client focused
- A team player with ability to work on own initiative and as part of the team
- Excellent IT and communication skills
- Approachable with a willingness to help others
- Ability to present information in a friendly yet professional manner
- Ability to learn quickly and accurately
- Experience in Microsoft SQL is advantageous
- Previous software testing experience is also an advantage
Salary: £15,000 – £19,000 per annum, dependant on experience.
Hours: 40 hours per week (8:45am – 5:15pm, Monday to Friday)
If you are ambitious and have an attitude to learn, we want to hear from you!
Please complete and submit the application form and forward a covering letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining your experience and goals and the reason why you are the right candidate for this position.