Wise Software (UK) Ltd. is a modern, exciting, growing and forward thinking company who make a class leading business management software package called OrderWise. OrderWise is used by small, medium and large businesses and has over 9500 users from many different industry sectors throughout the UK. High profile clients include, John Lewis, local authorities, the MOD and police forces. Currently Wise Software turns over £6m and has over 140 staff working as Developers, Testers, Project Managers, Trainers, Business Consultants, Sales Coordinators and Technical Support Advisers, all of whom enjoy working from the purpose built Head Office in Saxilby near Lincoln. The OrderWise team is dynamic, creative, dedicated and diverse with a positive attitude and we are looking for the best people to join us in taking the company to its next phase of growth.
By working for Wise Software (UK) Ltd., all staff enjoy the following:
- Competitive annual salary
- Regular performance and salary reviews
- Attendance bonus scheme
- 3 weeks paid OrderWise tuition
- 22 days paid holiday per year
- 8 days paid UK bank holidays
- Easily accessible working location
- Weekly baskets of fruit for each department
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- Free parking
- Modern, warm and friendly working environment
- Access to fully equipped private Company Gym
This is a fantastic opportunity for a confident and capable person to join our expanding Development and Testing Team as a Software Developer. The ideal candidate will be an experienced team player looking for a new challenge within a software development environment.
Within this role you will be working closely with other software developers to enhance our ever expanding product whilst meeting the high standard of quality the company has set for its software by working with the Testing Team. You will ensure that all new development work is coded to strict guidelines and ensure that all SLAs are met within the department.
After training on OrderWise you will join your team and learn about how they work, what targets they have and how they achieve them. Your Manager will help bring out the best in you so you can contribute to the team target as quickly as possible. As a Software Developer you will find each day rewarding and enjoyable, feel a valued member of the team and understand how you contribute to the Company as a whole. You will be confident and have a methodical and analytical approach to work. Ideally you will have previous experience in a similar role and you will show evidence of the ability to learn new skills quickly and accurately.
- You will be responsible for working on all aspects of our latest software including design,
development, implementation and maintenance
- Adding to existing functionality and creating specification documents for new functionality
- Work closely with the Testing Team to ensure a high quality of product is released to our
Key Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to work in a close team environment
- Be able to code in VB.NET and have a good understanding of the .NET Framework
- Experience using Visual Studio 2012/2013
- Experience using SQL Server 2008 R2 / 2012 / 2014
- Ideally have basic knowledge of web services
- Ability to solve problems and work to strict deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Well organised with good prioritisation skills
Salary: £15,000 -£28,000 per annum, dependant on experience.
Hours: 40 hours per week (8:45am – 5:15pm, Monday to Friday).
If you are ambitious and have an attitude to learn, we want to hear from you!
Please complete and submit the application form and forward a covering letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining your experience and goals and the reason why you are the right candidate for this position.