Reports & Layouts Writer
Wise Software (UK) Limited are a modern, exciting, growing and forward thinking company who make a class leading stock control and order processing software package called OrderWise. OrderWise is used by small, medium and large businesses and has over 10,000 users from many different industry sectors throughout the UK. High profile clients include, John Lewis, local authorities, the MOD and police forces. Currently Wise Software turns over £7m and has over 140 staff working as Developers, Testers, Project Managers, Trainers, Sales People, Technical Support and Administration Services all whom enjoy working from the purpose built Head Office in Saxilby near Lincoln. The OrderWise team is dynamic, creative, dedicated and diverse with a positive attitude and we are looking for the best people to join us in taking The Company to its next phase of growth.
By working for Wise Software (UK) Ltd, all staff enjoy the following:
- Competitive annual salary
- Regular performance and salary reviews
- Attendance bonus scheme
- 3 weeks paid OrderWise tuition
- 22 days paid holiday per year
- 8 days paid UK bank holidays
- Easily accessible working location
- Weekly baskets of fruit for each department
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- Free parking
- Modern, warm and friendly working environment
- Access to fully equipped private Company Gym
- Birthday provided as additional holiday after 2 years of employment
A fantastic opportunity for a dynamic, confident and capable person to join our expanding Reports & Layouts Department as a Reports & Layouts Writer. As a small and highly specialised team within the business, our Reports & Layouts Department aim to provide our diverse customer base with custom reports to meet their specific requirements; while also providing excellent custom support for existing work and the standard reports included with the software.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced team player looking for a new challenge within a software environment. Within the role you will be working closely with other reports writers to enhance our ever expanding product whilst meeting the high standard of quality the company has set for its software. You will ensure that all new work is completed to strict guidelines and ensure that all SLAs are met within the department. You will be confident and have a methodical and analytical approach to work while being able to demonstrate problem solving skills. Ideally you will have previous experience in a similar role and you will show evidence of the ability to learn new skills quickly.
After an initial training period where you will be introduced to our OrderWise system, you will join the existing team and learn about how they work, what targets they have and how they achieve them. Your Manager will work closely with you to help bring the best out in you so that you can contribute to the team’s targets as quickly as possible. As a Reports Writer, you will find each day to be different, enjoyable and rewarding and feel a valued member of the team and understand how your work contributes to the company as a whole as it continues to push forward, striving for the highest quality of software and customer support.
- Provide customers with friendly, clear and appropriate support to the highest levels for any and all existing reports and layouts.
- Write and develop new reports to meet customer specific requirements using state of the art Query Builder and Report Layout Design software along with the more traditional SQL Server Management Studio and MS Query.
- Designing and creating new stationary layouts and modify existing ones, using the XtraReports editor.
- Dealing with the sale of custom reports and layouts development, from initial enquiry through to development and delivery.
- Delivering customer training on the development of reports and layouts.
- Ability to work in a close team environment.
- Comprehensive understanding of relational databases.
- Experience in use of report writing applications.
- Some experience of SQL, Excel and ideally VB.NET or VBA.
- Able to deal effectively with customers in a wide range of industries through a broad understanding of business practice.
- Dedicated to the highest levels of customer service.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organised and self-motivated, with good time management skills. Able to work well both on their own and as part of a collaborative team.
- Experience in, or aptitude for, customer training.
Salary: £16,000-£17,500 per annum, dependent on experience
Hours: 40 hours per week (8:45am – 5:15pm, Monday to Friday)
If you are ambitious and have an attitude to learn, we want to hear from you! Please complete and submit the application form and forward a covering letter, and CV, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, outlining your experience and goals and the reason why you are the right candidate for this position.