PHP Web Developer
Wise Software (UK) Ltd. is a modern, exciting, growing and forward thinking company who make a class leading business management software package called OrderWise. OrderWise is used by small, medium and large businesses and has over 9500 users from many different industry sectors throughout the UK. High profile clients include, John Lewis, local authorities, the MOD and police forces. Currently Wise Software turns over £6m and has over 140 staff working as Developers, Testers, Project Managers, Trainers, Business Consultants, Sales Coordinators and Technical Support Advisers, all of whom enjoy working from the purpose built Head Office in Saxilby near Lincoln. The OrderWise team is dynamic, creative, dedicated and diverse with a positive attitude and we are looking for the best people to join us in taking the company to its next phase of growth.
By working for Wise Software (UK) Ltd., all staff enjoy the following:
- Competitive annual salary
- Regular performance and salary reviews
- Attendance bonus scheme
- 3 weeks paid OrderWise tuition
- 22 days paid holiday per year
- 8 days paid UK bank holidays
- Easily accessible working location
- Weekly baskets of fruit for each department
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- Free parking
- Modern, warm and friendly working environment
- Access to fully equipped private Company Gym
This is a fantastic opportunity for a confident and capable person to join our Web Development team creating web scripts that link software to web shops for B2B and B2C clients. The ideal candidate will be an experienced developer in the technologies below, and be looking for a new challenge within a hardworking and dynamic team.
After training on OrderWise you will join your team and learn about how they work, what targets they have and how they achieve them. Your Manager will help bring out the best in you so you can contribute to the team target as quickly as possible. As a Web Developer you will find each day rewarding and enjoyable, feel a valued member of the team and understand how you contribute to the Company as a whole.
You will be confident and have a methodical and analytical approach to work. Ideally you will have previous experience in a similar role and you will show evidence of the ability to learn new skills quickly and accurately.
- Creation of bespoke scripts to link software to client specific web sites
- Modification of existing scripts as and when required by clients
- Contribute code to Web Cart as and when required
Knowledge & Skills:
- PHP & MySQL
- Experience of eCommerce shopping carts e.g. Magento
- Working with any CMS based systems e.g. WordPress
- MVC frameworks
- Hook based architectures
- Web Services such as SOAP, WSDL and RESTful
Salary: Competitive salary based on experience.
Hours: 40 hours per week (8:45am – 5:15pm, Monday to Friday)
If you are ambitious and have an attitude to learn, we want to hear from you!
Please complete and submit the application form and forward a covering letter by email to email@example.com outlining your experience and goals and the reason why you are the right candidate for this position.