This is a fantastic opportunity for a confident and capable person to join our expanding Testing Team as a Technical Author. The ideal candidate will be an experienced team player looking for a new challenge within a software environment. At the forefront of everything we do, our Testing Department aims to provide consistently bug free software to OrderWise users whilst maintaining a high standard of internal and external documentation.
Our Testing Department are a busy, hard working and dynamic team, who are continually looking to improve the way they work and improve the quality of the work we produce, whilst keeping abreast of continual developments and changes within our software.
After training on OrderWise you will join your team and learn about how they work, what targets they have and how they achieve them. Your Manager will help bring out the best in you so you can contribute to the team target as quickly as possible. As a Technical Author, you will find each day rewarding and enjoyable and feel a valued member of the team and understand how you contribute to the Company as a whole. You will be confident and good at problem solving, have the ability to ‘think on your feet’ and have excellent communication skills. Ideally you will have customer service or business based experience. Additionally, you will show evidence of the ability to learn new skills quickly and accurately.
- To create & maintain appropriate help guides for the software being tested
- To create specifications for new development work
- To liaise with customers, staff and Software Developers when required to ensure issues are understood, effectively recorded and communicated to ensure a satisfactory resolution
- Liaise with colleagues within Testing and other teams to ensure continuity of service for all users
- Participate in appropriate training activities and encourage and support other colleagues in their development and training
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent IT skills, and the ability to learn quickly and accurately
- Have a logical and thorough approach to problem solving
- Be quality focused and possess an eye for detail
- Well organised with good prioritisation skills
- Be motivated and client focused
- A team player with ability to work on own initiative and as part of the team
- Approachable with a willingness to help others
- Ability to present information in a friendly yet professional manner
- Experience in Microsoft SQL is advantageous
- Previous software technical authoring experience is also an advantage
To find out more about working at OrderWise please read our “An Introduction to OrderWise” Brochure here.
Salary: £18,000 To £25,000 Depending On Experience
Hours: 40hrs p/wk (8:45am – 5:15pm, Mon. to Fri.)
To apply, click the button below.
By working for Wise Software (UK) Ltd, all staff enjoy the following:
- Playing a valuable, recognised, part in a family company
- Competitive annual salary
- Regular performance and salary reviews
- Attendance bonus scheme
- On-going staff training and improvement programmes
- 22 days paid holiday per year
- 8 days paid UK bank holidays
- Easily accessible working location
- Smart / Casual Dress Code
- Weekly baskets of fruit for each department
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- Free private parking
- Modern, warm and friendly working environment
- Access to fully equipped private Company Gym with Personal Trainer
- Subsidised on-site Staff Café offering coffees, breakfasts, weekly lunch specials and home made cakes
- Flexi-Breaks – take your breaks whenever you prefer
- Regular staff activity nights
- What’s more you’ll get your Birthday off too, as an extra day holiday – on us!