This is a fantastic opportunity for a confident and capable person to join our expanding Testing Team as a Software Tester. The ideal candidate will be an experienced team player looking for a new challenge within a Testing and Quality Control environment. Our Testing Department are a busy, hardworking and dynamic team, who are continually looking to improve the way they work and improve the quality of the software we produce, whilst keeping abreast of continual developments and changes within our software.
At the forefront of everything we do, our Testing Department aim to provide consistently bug free software to OrderWise users whilst maintaining defined SLAs.
After training on OrderWise you will join your team and learn about how they work, what targets they have and how they achieve them. Your Manager will help bring out the best in you so you can contribute to the team target as quickly as possible. As a Software Tester you will find each day rewarding and enjoyable, feel a valued member of the team and understand how you contribute to the Company as a whole. You will be confident and good at problem solving, have the ability to ‘think on your feet’ and have excellent communication skills. Ideally you will have customer service or business based experience. Additionally, you will show evidence of the ability to learn new skills quickly and accurately.
- To test OrderWise Software, using various testing methods
- To create appropriate help guides for the software being tested
- To maintain automated testing servers when required
- To liaise with customers, staff and Software Developers when required to ensure issues are understood, effectively recorded and communicated to ensure a satisfactory resolution
- To ensure requests for support are dealt with promptly and appropriately
- Liaise with colleagues within Testing and other teams to ensure continuity of service for all users
- Participate in appropriate training activities and encourage and support other colleagues in their development and training
- Have a logical and thorough approach to problem solving
- Be well organised, quality focused and possess an eye for detail
- A team player with ability to work on own initiative and as part of the team
- Excellent IT, communication and prioritisation skills
- Be motivated, approachable and client focused, with a willingness to help others
- Ability to present information in a friendly yet professional manner
- Ability to learn quickly and accurately
- Experience in Microsoft SQL is advantageous
- Previous software testing experience is also an advantage
To find out more about working at OrderWise please read our “An Introduction to OrderWise” Brochure here.
Salary: £15,000 – £19,000 pa, dependant on experience
Hours: 40hrs p/wk (8:45am – 5:15pm, Mon. to Fri.)
To apply, click here