This is a fantastic opportunity for a confident and capable person to join our expanding Development and Testing Team as a Software Developer. The ideal candidate will be an experienced team player looking for a new challenge within a software development environment. Within this role you will be working closely with other software developers to enhance our ever expanding product whilst meeting the high standard of quality the company has set for its software by working with the Testing Team.
You will ensure that all new development work is coded to strict guidelines and ensure that all SLAs are met within the department.
After training on OrderWise you will join your team and learn about how they work, what targets they have and how they achieve them. Your Manager will help bring out the best in you so you can contribute to the team target as quickly as possible. As a Software Developer you will find each day rewarding and enjoyable, feel a valued member of the team and understand how you contribute to the Company as a whole.
You will be confident and have a methodical and analytical approach to work. Ideally you will have previous experience in a similar role and you will show evidence of the ability to learn new skills quickly and accurately.
- You will be responsible for working on all aspects of our latest software including design, development, implementation and maintenance
- Adding to existing functionality and creating specification documents for new functionality
- Work closely with the Testing Team to ensure a high quality of product is released to our customers
- Ability to work in a close team environment
- Be able to code in VB.NET and have a good understanding of the .NET Framework
- Experience using Visual Studio 2012/2013
- Experience using SQL Server 2008 R2 / 2012 / 2014
- Ideally have basic knowledge of web services
- Ability to solve problems and work to strict deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Well organised with good prioritisation skills
To find out more about working at OrderWise please read our “An Introduction to OrderWise” Brochure here.
Salary: £28,000 To £40,000 Depending On Experience
Hours: 40hrs p/wk (8:45am – 5:15pm, Mon. to Fri.)
To apply, click the button below.
By working for Wise Software (UK) Ltd, all staff enjoy the following:
- Playing a valuable, recognised, part in a family company
- Competitive annual salary
- Regular performance and salary reviews
- Attendance bonus scheme
- On-going staff training and improvement programmes
- 22 days paid holiday per year
- 8 days paid UK bank holidays
- Easily accessible working location
- Smart / Casual Dress Code
- Weekly baskets of fruit for each department
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- Free private parking
- Modern, warm and friendly working environment
- Access to fully equipped private Company Gym with Personal Trainer
- Subsidised on-site Staff Café offering coffees, breakfasts, weekly lunch specials and home made cakes
- Flexi-Breaks – take your breaks whenever you prefer
- Regular staff activity nights
- What’s more you’ll get your Birthday off too, as an extra day holiday – on us!